Walkabout

Student Life Ministry in Brisbane, Australia with Amanda DeCesaro

I don't generally think of myself as clumsy but I often do clumsy things. A couple nights ago I burnt my hand with boiling oil (yeah, ouchy)-- lets just say somehow cold water got into the pot I was holding (don't try this at home). It is healing well, but my hand has purple blotches and huge blisters. It serves as a reminder of my foolishness and if I end up with a scar I would have a life reminder.


I am also hurt easily when I place relationships with others above my relationship with God. People are not perfect, so when they let me down or I feel left out it hurts even more than my hand. I am a people pleaser, I crave attention (though I'm often shy and quiet), and I always want to be included. I know that it is not their faults, I place an expectation of perfection and selflessness on them, when only God can meet that. I've realized that we all need affirmation from people but that our identity and sustaining "filling up" can only come from our Creator. It is a sin for me to place anything above God and I know that I am only satisfied when I am right with Him, but often I am splashed with the scalding oil of the world. I am no longer imprisoned by sin but I still sin. Sin is like a burn on my soul; however, when God forgives and heals that burn there will be no scar. Instead of a reminder of my foolishness I am left with a reminder of God's grace and love.

1 comments:

Ewww!!! Not only does my hand look gross but boy, am I hairy, haha

Post a Comment

Contact Me

amanda.decesaro@gmail.com

About Me

Followers

Subscribe to Feed