Walkabout

Student Life Ministry in Brisbane, Australia with Amanda DeCesaro

Yup, I did it, I joined the gym. I am a gym member for the first time in my life. As I jump on the elliptical in the morning I remember one thing, perseverance. While there is something to be said about the thoughts of stopping as I am in kick-boxing class, perseverance wins over my aching muscles. Even waking up earlier takes perseverance for me who keeps having late nights. So as I tried my hand at the many contraptions called weight machines I wondered where this perseverance comes from. Its all about motivation. Thanks to my team/housemate Emily and my motivation to get fit I survive the gym. But in ministry I don't want to just survive and my motivation is much greater.

Perseverance in ministry has been an on-going lesson for me. There are always students who cancel, not show up, want to argue theology, shun you, and then there's always my beloved (sarcasm) administration work. Persevere. Even through all the aches and pains I have persevered and in the end I am stronger.
This past week was the first week of second semester and we were at Mt. Gravatt, Logan and Nathan campuses for stall days. We had a table set up from 10-2 one day at each campus, where we surveyed students and invited them to Student Life events. Then on Friday we had an ISM hang out time to meet new international students. Shane and Jean are both from China and had filled out a survey, they came to our hang out along with many other internationals who are already acquainted with Student Life. It was a great week indeed.

Jean and I at Ultimate Frisbee after we first met

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Me

amanda.decesaro@gmail.com

About Me

Followers

Subscribe to Feed