Walkabout

Student Life Ministry in Brisbane, Australia with Amanda DeCesaro

At the start of the week we had our Beach Reach, where we invited our friends to come to the beach with us. It was a chilly cloudy day but thankfully it didn't rain on us. We all had fun playing ultimate frisbee in the sand and just hanging out with each other. It is really cool that living in Australia we can have beach outreaches like this, I hope our students continue to invite their non Christian friends along to socials like this to form deeper relationships.

Min Jun playing in the sand

Min Jun caught me a dead fish, so I made a photo op- "Can't Survive on Diet Coke Alone"

Tuesday morning we had our last team meeting where we talked about leaving and about our year together. Afterward, we went down to the Brisbane River and took a couple team photos. It was a beautiful day and made me think about how much I am going to miss Brizzy, it is such a wonderful city.

Kangaroo Point in the City

Study week was packed with fun on campus, including our first annual Fusion talent show, where people set aside their shyness and made us all laugh and applaud. I debuted as an emcee and it was really fun to just be goofy and interact with the audience.


Julius sings for us at the talent show

On Thursday we had another ISM adventure. We were planning on going to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary but that morning as we met to leave it started raining heavily. Our backup plan was to go to the free museum in the city and then just wander around, I realized that I'm pretty talented at wandering.
Me at the museum trying to pet the cheetah

Tyler and Wil at Gloria Jean's where we planned Plan B

Mary and I with Dani being silly in the background

The kim bap (Korean) I made for our ISM day- first time unsupervised ;-)


This weekend I spent with Lauren, just spending time together before I will have to leave. We always wanted to write a song together and although we are still planning on writing a serious one, we came up with a song about tapioca. At Lauren's house I got to play with her two dogs which was fun since I've been animal deprived lately, there was even an interesting looking lizard in her pool.

The mysterious lizard


Our song- Enjoy, haha


A new discovery this past week was when I went to Coles (grocery store) and saw a yellow watermelon, I was like, "WHAT??!!"

Yellow watermelon!!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Me

amanda.decesaro@gmail.com

About Me

Followers

Subscribe to Feed