Walkabout

Student Life Ministry in Brisbane, Australia with Amanda DeCesaro

It Thursday already, where have the days gone? I've eaten way too much sugar, haha. I will be without internet for the next two weeks as my team, a few other missionaries and about 40 Aussie and Kiwi (NZ) students hit the beach of Burleigh Heads to reach out to high school grads, tourists and locals. I'm at an awkward stage where I'm not sure if I am nervous, stressed, excited, or what, but no matter how I feel tomorrow morning we'll be heading out and I will have to trust God that things won't fall to pieces. I am in charge of evangelism on this project which is a huge responsibility since evangelism is one of the main focuses of project. I have two Griffith students helping me, Jeremy and Beth and it has been so much fun planning with them. We make a great productive and enjoyable team. They are both first years and this will be there first project, sometimes I forget that so I pray that their inexperience will not cause them to be nervous nor things to be overlooked or not known. Please pray that even among any failure we face we praise God and rejoice in His will and partnership with us. Please pray for me as I will need much patience and endurance for the next two weeks.

The roomies! Emily, Dani, Lynn, Me, and Jeanie:-)

We had a delicious but cheap dinner at an Irish pub in the city

This week we had our final roommate date and I had my final discipleship time with Megan where I made her the most delicious chocolate cake (thanks to a recipe from my teammate from last year, Susanna). I said goodbye to her as she flies to her summer project in Japan this Sunday. Tonight I go over to the Park's house, they are a Korean couple who work with ISM (international student ministry). They are so sweet and invited me over for dinner and to talk to me about Korea (they got excited when I told them I would like to work there next year). Well, hopefully I don't stay up too late as I still have to write a talk for Saturday's evangelism training (I still procrastinate, hehe) and Min Jun might come over to dye my hair a random color again (but maybe I will just have to stay a red head for project). Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Me

amanda.decesaro@gmail.com

About Me

Followers

Subscribe to Feed