Walkabout

Student Life Ministry in Brisbane, Australia with Amanda DeCesaro

15 February 2010

How can I imitate someone I cannot see? and how can I become like someone I do not know? But Jesus, You have revealed Yourself to me, You have opened my eyes. You join me here and speak to me. Why is it that so often I cannot hear You? I want to listen, but my mind wanders, I lose faith, I give into temptation, I look away from You. I want to be so close to You that I would know Your thoughts. Who am I but a mere girl? How could I ever serve You? How could I ever bring You glory? But this heart that You have placed within me will not stop beating. It pounds at me all day long and no worldly sound can drown it out. It breaks for the weak, the lost, the blind. It wants only to see You glorified. This heart is so heavy, yet not a burden in me. It reminds me to get on my knees and to stop and listen when You speak. It was not by accident that I am here. You sent me with a plan and a purpose. I know not the details of our mission, but with this heart of love I will proceed. Stepping each day with a faith not of my own, I trust You my Lord. I have not much to offer but You know that, I don't have much to give but You gave it all for me. Yesterday was a few breaths before and tomorrow will soon be no more. What will I do with the time You gave? How will I invest in Heavenly things? Draw close to me and show Yourself, I am unworthy yet bold to ask. I want to know You and know complete joy. I want to see You and have You by my side. Never will You leave me and You will always provide, it is in my selfish foolishness I chose to reside. Away with my ignorance, deceit, and pride, wickedness has lost its grip on me. Jesus is the one who sets us free. With all the eloquence a pen can hold, no ink will ever write what the soul beholds. For when all is said and done, no one will ever know why You came to this place and gave Your life for mine. I have no right, no innocence, no reason why but forever I will praise You and know You are mine. You are my Saviour, my King, all I need. How could I want anything other than what You want for me? How can I love something more than You? You hold me in Your hand and remind me how precious I am, may I not forget. May I share this with everyone so that they may know these things, the thoughts and treasures of my soul.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Me

amanda.decesaro@gmail.com

About Me

Followers

Subscribe to Feed