Walkabout

Student Life Ministry in Brisbane, Australia with Amanda DeCesaro

Elaine (Hong Kong), Rachel (Philippines), Michelle (Malaysia), Machiko (Japan)

Another week has gone by and tomorrow is the beginning of orientation week. As a team we are aiming to reach 1st years in the first three weeks of uni (university). This is something Student Life at Griffith has not seen much success in. So pray that we get many contacts and that we follow up and pursue interested 1st years. This past Friday I had the opportunity to attend an international student orientation. I met many people from places in Asia, Europe and the middle East. One girl named Michelle is interested in coming to church with me, so pray that she gets plugged into church as well as Student Life. I praise God for the little things He has already showed up in since I've been here. Not only have I already gotten to make new friends but I have a wonderful new team. They are supportive in my international ministry and in my new outreach ideas. God has been blessing me with many ideas lately, please pray that they get put into action. Without action an idea is useless.

We have a vision trip coming this week. I hope they catch the vision we have and bring it back to their campus. There are 3 freshmen and 1 sophomore coming, so they will have time to lead at their school. Please pray for their safe travel and their time here, though it will be brief, that they are greatly used and grow in their walk with God.

Thanks,
Amanda

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Me

amanda.decesaro@gmail.com

About Me

Followers

Subscribe to Feed