Walkabout

Student Life Ministry in Brisbane, Australia with Amanda DeCesaro

Jetlag? not sure. Planning and prep? a bit. Seeing familiar faces? yes, and I am so grateful.

Last night we had a game of frisbee and our annual meeting for Student Life as a campus club. I saw some people I had not yet seen, including some of our non Christian friends. As per usual I ran the field barefooted causing me to realize that my feet have become soft while at home. There were some other realizations I made last night: I am so thankful that I am back in Brisbane with people I love dearly and with a new team that I will grow to love very much, God has blessed Griffith University with students that love Him and have a heart to bring the Gospel to their peers, and that this year will be different from last but God will use it and bless it.

Today I spent some valuable time with Mel who leaves to go back home to Jakarta, Indonesia this Sunday. Mel has had such an impact on my life, from getting to know her sweet heart to encouraging me to fully live for Christ, she will always be in my prayers. I discipled her last year and together we pondered life questions, had fun, prayed and loved Jesus. She explained an amazing God given idea for her future. Mel is especially gifted in film and studied journalism at Griffith. She hopes to return home to teach English while doing a documentary type film about her students, making it her mission field. Please pray with me for Mel and her beloved country, one of the largest Muslim countries in the world.

So as I have to tearfully say goodbye to one of my closest friends, I look forward to meeting new ones as the semester begins (March 1). Emily and I are planning together for our Impact Camp (planning weekend with our students) that is this Thurs through Sat. We are co-leading a training on following up contacts. We hope that the students will be motivated and prepared to start off the new year full force. Thank you for praying for our pre-campus weeks. Although I am not a natural planner I see the importance of it, and much of our planning is happening over the next two weeks. May they be very productive days.

Love, Amanda

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Me

amanda.decesaro@gmail.com

About Me

Followers

Subscribe to Feed