Walkabout

Student Life Ministry in Brisbane, Australia with Amanda DeCesaro

Even though we were not on campus this week, so much happened and it was one extraordinary week. It began with our monthly day with the Lord or as I call it date with Jesus. Emily and I headed into the city for the day as we fasted, prayed, reflected, and read. As I reread some of my journal entries I realized how many things I could praise God for and how different some things turned out. It also reminded me to pray for certain things and for certain people. I also saw how much I agonize over my friend RyuSho (from Japan) who doesn't know Jesus, I pray for him all the time, because God has laid him on my heart to do so. Please pray for RyuSho, I rarely see him and I don't think he has any other Christian friends. I am looking forward to a couple of Japanese STINTers (short term missionaries) coming in just a couple weeks. I am praying that I may be able to introduce them to RyuSho.



Emily and I started in the same spot at QUT (Queensland Uni of Tech) for our date with Jesus

On Wednesday we took many of our international students and some other friends to karaoke! It was a blast. Even one girl, Rebecca, was brave and joined us for the first time. There were 18 of us and we hope to do it again in the near future. It was a great way to connect our students together and to us. I am so thankful to God for the way He continues to bless the International ministry. Jonathan especially loved the night and sang a couple songs. I love to see his enthusiasm to learn about God, please keep praying for him as God reveals truth to him. I believe he is really close to accepting Christ as his Saviour. Yarn was a bit nervous to come because he doesn't know anyone except Dani and I, but I was glad he came. I am also so thankful that God specifically picked this job for Dani to tutor English so that people like Yarn, Roland, Kyle, and Dia could learn about who Jesus is.



Yarn was the brave one to sing first

Jonathan at karaoke

The weekend we drove 2 and a half hours north to a town called Inbil to have our annual camping trip. It was a good time to hang out with some of our students, including Jonathan who went canoeing for the first time. On Saturday we braved a mountain and climbed to the summit, lets just say my legs are very sore today. Don't let the picture below fool you, it was not all stairs, but mostly just steep rocks. I was more than a bit nervous going down:-)


Megan climbing Mt. Cooroora- Yeah Megan!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Me

amanda.decesaro@gmail.com

About Me

Followers

Subscribe to Feed